1. The working life of titanium anode is long. In the chlor-alkali industry produced by diaphragm method, the metal anode is resistant to chlorine and alkali corrosion. The anode life has been more than 6 years, while the graphite anode is only 8 months.
2. It can overcome the problem of dissolution of graphite anode and lead anode, avoiding pollution of electrolyte and cathode products, and thus improving the purity of metal products.
3. It can increase the current density. In the production of chlor-alkali by the diaphragm method, the working current density of the graphite anode is 8A/dm2, and the titanium anode can be multiplied by 17A/dm2, so that the output can be doubled under the same conditions of the electrolysis plant and the electrolytic cell. Single-slot production capacity effectively improves labor productivity. When electrolysis is carried out at a high working current density, it is preferred to use a titanium anode.
4. Due to the use of metal anodes, high temperature and high current density operation of the chlorate electrolytic cell is possible. The use of a metal anode improves the construction of the cell, reduces power consumption, and accelerates the chemical reaction of hypochlorite chlorate, thereby improving production performance.
5. The design concept and operating conditions of the salt-based electrolysis cell using DSA, mercury method and diaphragm method are improved, and energy consumption is reduced. The low overpotential characteristics of the DSA, the bubbles between the electrodes and the electrodes are easily eliminated, which is an important cause of the voltage drop in the metal anode electrolytic cell.
Due to the many advantages of titanium anodes, its development has made the chlor-alkali industry very economical, so it will soon be promoted around the world. The chlor-alkali production capacity is about 41 million tons/year in the world, and the titanium anode is not less than 70%. Titanium anode is known as a major technological revolution in the chlor-alkali industry. Subsequently, titanium anodes have also been widely used in many electrolysis industries.
6. The anode size is stable, and the distance between the electrodes does not change during the electrolysis process, which can ensure that the electrolysis operation is performed under the condition that the cell voltage is stable.
7. It can avoid the short circuit problem after the lead anode is deformed, thus improving the current efficiency.
8. Titanium anode is light in weight and can reduce labor intensity.
9, the switch is easy to manufacture, can be high precision.
10, the working voltage is low, so the power consumption is small, can save power consumption, DC power consumption can be reduced by 10% to 20%. The main reason for the low working voltage of titanium anode: 1) The active coating titanium anode has a relatively low overpotential for chlorine and oxygen. When brine is electrolyzed to produce chlor-alkali, the titanium anode has a low chlorine overpotential, which is 140mV lower than the graphite anode at 1A/cm2; 2) the "bubble shielding effect" can be reduced, and the bubbles generated on the surface of the metal anode are relatively small and quickly detached. The degree of aeration is greatly reduced, the ohmic drop between the two poles is about 700 mV, the bubble diameter is about 3 mm; 3) the resistance of the anode structure is lowered; 4) the distance between the poles is shortened.